Solid Wall Insulation
If you have a home that was built prior to 1920 then it is likely you will have solid walls rather than cavity walls. Solid walls have no cavity gap between them which results in greater heat loss.
"Around 45% of the heat lost in a property with un-insulated solid walls goes out directly through the wall."
Solid walls can be insulated from the outside, making your home warmer and more comfortable. You will reduce heat loss and save on your fuel bills.
Solid wall insulation provides the following benefits:
- Improves the appearance of the property and can add value.
- Reduces the amount of energy used in the home making it more efficient and more comfortable.
- Protects the structure from further deterioration and increases the lifetime of the walls by protecting the brickwork.
- Improves the weatherproofing of solid wall property.
- Grant Assistance is available.
The Insulation Process.
A layer of insulation material is fixed to the wall. This is then covered with a special type of render. The finished wall can be 'smooth' or textured and painted, pebble-dashed or finished with a brick effect pattern to provide a real masonry brick finish.
Financing your Solid Wall Insulation
Ross Fortec is now able to offer grants for Solid Wall Insulation. The Government has instructed fuel suppliers to offer insulation grants to homeowners to reduce energy use in the home.
The government also charges a lower rate of VAT on insulation services. This makes the service even cheaper for the consumer and more cost effective.
"Solid Wall Insulation attracts preferential VAT rate of 5%."
Get free advice and a free estimate
We are a professional but friendly company and would welcome a call from you. If you want advice or a free quote we are happy to help.